Tuesday 24 April 2012

COWF longlisted for Desmond Elliott Prize

I'm thrilled to be able to say that Care of Wooden Floors is one of 10 contenders for this year's Desmond Elliott Prize. Here's the full longlist:


Absolution by Patrick Flanery
Bed by David Whitehouse
Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
The Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood
Care Of Wooden Floors by Will Wiles
The Land Of Decoration by Grace McCleen
The Last Hundred Days by Patrick McGuinness
The Missing Shade of Blue by Jennie Erdal
The Spider King’s Daughter by Chibundu Onuzo
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce

Worthy foes. Flanery, McCleen and Joyce are fellow Waterstones 11 selectees, so it's interesting to be grouped with them again. Beyond that I'm afraid I don't have any analysis worth offering, I'm still a bit dazed.

No comments: